David W. Coon, PhD
Associate Dean, R.I.S.E and Professor
Director, Research Advancement
Research Advancement, Pre-Award
Research Advancement, Post-Award
Research Advancement, Post Award
Michael W. Todd, PhD
Assistant Research Professor / Data Lab Manager
Research Initiatives, Support & Engagement (R.I.S.E.) in the Edson College of Nursing and Health Innovation provides a wide range of services to faculty and students who are conducting research or preparing grant proposals.
R.I.S.E. promotes the success of faculty researchers and scholars who are committed to the process of discovery and seeks to advance the mission of Edson College to increase the University’s impact and contributions to quality health outcomes for our communities.
Services are designed to enhance the research capacity of the college by supporting all aspects of the development, conduct, and dissemination of research. Please see links to the left for additional information about services offered.
Who We Are and What We Do
- Dr. David W. Coon, Associate Dean & Professor - RISE, leads the RISE core teams.
- Diane Kapp, Administrative Specialist, provides expanded administrative support to Dr. Coon and the RISE core teams.
Project Administration Core Team [PACT]
- Deb Fisher, director, research advancement, leads the pre- and post-award teams.
- Pam Winfrey is on the post-award team.
- Lisa Cole is the pre-award team lead.
Methodological and Data Core
- Dr. Mike Todd, Research Professor, collaborates with investigators on data analysis plans for research projects and consults with and advises student trainees on thesis and dissertation projects.
- Dr. Keenan Pituch, Research Professor, collaborates with investigators on data analysis plans for research projects, consults with and advises student trainees on thesis and dissertation projects and teaches.
- Dr. SeungYong Han is the data lab manager and collaborates with investigators on data collection and statistical analysis for research projects and advises student trainees on thesis and dissertation.