- All purchases must meet a University need and have a clear public purpose. See FIN 119: Public Purpose Served.
- Some goods and services are limited or prohibited. See FIN 401-03: Prohibited Transactions.
- Sales tax applies to most physical goods. See FIN 108: Sales Tax.
- Certain university purchases are exempt from sales tax. See FIN 120: Sales Tax Exemption.
- Authorized business expenses incurred on behalf of ASU may be reimbursed to employees. See FIN 420-01: Faculty and Staff Reimbursements: Accountable Plan Rules.
- Business meals, food, and related expenses are reimbursable to employees per policy. See FIN 420-02: Business Meals, Food, and Related Expenses.