David W. Coon, PhD
Associate Dean, R.I.S.E and Professor
Director, Research Advancement
Research Advancement, Pre-Award
Research Advancement, Post-Award
Research Advancement, Post Award
Michael W. Todd, PhD
Assistant Research Professor / Data Lab Manager
@Access to REDCap
- Enterprise REDCap: click HERE.
- To create a new account for the enterprise REDCap, please fill out the following application form: click HERE.
- In the enterprise REDCap, only P.Is. and designated project managers/coordinators can create a new project.
- For student projects, his or her sponsor (faculty at ASU) needs to create a new project then add the student to the project. The sponsor will be fully responsible for any troubles associated with the student’s project.
- Please visit the ASU REDCap website for details about account/project/data collection policies.
- HIPAA REDCap: click HERE.
- To create a new account for the HIPAA REDCap, please first fill out the following application form: click HERE.
- Please also send the proof that you completed both the IT security training and HIPAA training for Covered Entities to the REDCap admin (email@example.com).
- HIPAA REDCap is restricted to those users who need to handle and store HIPAA data on REDCap. Please complete the two training sessions below before you apply for a new account in HIPAA REDCap.
- IT Security Training (FY22): click HERE
- HIPAA for Covered Entities (FY22): click HERE
- Detailed information about HIPAA can be found in the following website (U.S. Department of Health & Human Services): click HERE
- Handling HIPAA data requires a secure environment, such as Arizona Secure Research Environment (ASRE). Please consult with the data lab manager (firstname.lastname@example.org) to discuss options.
- Please consult with ASU IRB prior to contacting the data lab manager about whether or not your project needs a HIPAA-compliant environment then contact the data lab manager (email@example.com) for further discussion.
@What is REDCap?
- REDCap is a secure web application for building and managing online surveys and databases. It is geared specifically to support online or offline data capture for research studies and operations. Please visit the official REDCap website for more information.
- RISE Data Lab does not provide any support for Qualtrics (ASU Qualtrics). Please contact the data lab manager (firstname.lastname@example.org) for questions related to Qualtrics.
@External Modules for REDCap
- External Modules (EM) are individual packages of software that can be enabled on your project. In general, EM extends REDCap's functionality, behavior, and appearance in creative ways. Modules are developed by members of the REDCap consortium, not by the primary development team at Vanderbilt University, which are then curated and released through the Vanderbilt repository.
- You can find the list of currently available EM at the repository of External Modules. A detailed explanation of each EM is provided on GitHub. Please click "View on GitHub" next to the EM title for details.
- Please keep in mind that you would be able to enable EM on your project once it is downloaded and installed by a REDCap Administrator.
- Please contact the data lab Manager (email@example.com) if you have any questions or are unsure which EM is right for your project.
- REDCap Mobile App (Android & iOS): The REDCap Mobile App is a tool for data collectors needing to capture data offline. Data can be collected on the REDCap Mobile App on an iPhone, iPad, or Android phone or tablet.
- MyCap (Android & iOS): MyCap makes it easy for researchers to capture participant/patient-reported outcomes using mobile devices. For more information visit: https://projectmycap.org/